4.6 Permission To Drive
Year 11 & Year 12 students with a driver's licence may request permission to drive to and from school.
4.6.1 Permission is subject to colour level;
- For Year 11, student must be on Silver level or above for the period of Term 1 to Week 5 in Term 4 and/or Bronze level or above for the period of Term 4 Week 6 to the end of the calendar year.
- For Year 12, students must be on Bronze level or above.
4.6.2 Terms and Conditions: For the privilege of driving a car to and from school, students must agree to;
- Observe speed limits at all times, particularly within school grounds
- Park their car in the allocated student parking area
- Acknowledge that the Department of Education will not accept liability for any loss or damage to the vehicle and/or its contents on school grounds
Students with P1 (red P's) licence must abide by the P1
passenger road rules and,
when travelling to/from school;
- Boarding Students may carry sibling passengers
Students with a P2 licence (green P's) must abide by the P2
passenger rules, and, when travelling to/from school;
- Day Students can only have siblings as passengers
- Boarding Students may carry one passenger and/or sibling passengers
- Boarding Students are to hand in their keys as soon as they arrive/return to school
Students who fail to abide by these rules may lose their driving privileges and/or incur more serious consequences.
4.6.3 To request permission, the following forms must be completed by the Student and by one Parent/Carer;
Both forms are also available in the Form Bank and both forms must be received before the student is permitted to drive.
Last updated July 2023.