2.12 School Manual: Anti-Racism Policy
At Farrer Memorial Agricultural High School, Racism is managed in accordance with the NSW
Department of Education Anti-Racism Policy
Local procedure below also apply.
Racism is prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism of a person or people on the basis of their racial or ethnic group. Racism is unacceptable and will not be tolerated at Farrer. Students behaving in a racist manner will be referred to the Head Teacher of Wellbeing or the Anti-Racism Contact Officer (ARCO). Incidents of racism will be addressed through both education and the imposing of consequences for the perpetrator.
2.12.1 Racism criteria
Examples of racism may include, but is not limited to, any of the following based on someone’s racial or ethnic group or background:
- “jokes” or negative comments;
- verbally abuse, including online;
- bullying, harassment or intimidation;
2.12.2 Reports of racism
Students who are found to have behaved in a racist manner will incur the following:
- First offence - education and potential detentions.
- Second offence - education and drop of one colour level.
- Third offence - possible suspension.
Last updated October 2023.