The Farrer School Council has been in place for decades and has made a valuable contribution to the growth and success of Farrer Memorial
Agricultural High School. The purpose of the Farrer School Council is to represent the school community by providing feedback and advice
regarding school activities and policies to assist the Principal and school staff in planning and managing the school's operation.
The Council consists of elected representatives of the staff and parent bodies, and usually meets twice per school term. Meetings are held in the Boardroom at Farrer but members can also attend online.
Elections are held for the positions of Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson at the last meeting of each calendar year.
See here for the Governing Rules of the Farrer School Council.
Within the rules, Appendix A details the Membership criteria, terms and voting rights of Council members.
2022 School Council Representatives Farrer Principal Mr Clint Gallagher with School Council President Mr Mark Hoath
2023 School Council Members
- Chairperson - Mr Mark Hoath
- Vice Chairperson - Mrs Johanna Teague (Parent Rep)
- Principal - Mr Clint Gallagher
- Deputy Principal Day - Mr Luke Maloy
- Deputy Principal Residential - Mr David Gale
- Business Services Manager - Mr Terry Cowan
- HR/WHS Officer - Mrs Julie Mathews
- Farm Supervisor - Mr Andrew Eather
- Ag Committee Rep - Mr Marty Peeters
- Teaching Staff - Ms Jamie Bailey / Ms Jessica Galvin
- Non-Teaching Staff - Mrs Nicole Thornton / Mr Dane Pennell
- Community Parent Rep - Mr Mark Hoath / Mrs Johanna Teague / Mrs Sally Wilson / Mr Nicholas Havyatt
- PT&F Rep - Mr Georgie Firth
- Old Boys Rep - Mr Mitch Burrows
- Farrer Foundation Rep - Mr Jim Levy
- Community appointed members - Mr David Rodgers / Mr Mark Roseby
- Honorary Secretary - Mrs Michelle Wamsley
Chairman: Mr Mark Hoath Phone 0418 473 218
Secretary: Mrs Michelle Walmsley Phone 02 6764 8600