Student Wellbeing Team
Student Wellbeing is a high priority focus at Farrer Memorial Agricultural High School. The Wellbeing Team are dedicated to ensuring our students wellbeing is managed in accordance with the NSW Dept of Education Wellbeing Policy. Every student can access support whenever needed.
Our Wellbeing Team
- Mr Tristan Jones - Head Teacher Wellbeing (Years 7-9) Tel: 02 6764 8710
- Miss Sarah Allen - Head Teacher Wellbeing (Years 10-12) Tel: 02 6764 8711
- Lani McRae, Counsellor (4 days p/w)
- Ming Heathershaw-Jones, Pyschologist (1 day p/w)
- Susan Durham, Social Worker
- Kellie Klepzig, Aboriginal Support Officer
The Head Teachers of Wellbeing are responsible for all wellbeing programs throughout the school, and provide leadership and guidance for the Year Coordinators. These programs include:
- Year 6 Boarder sleepover
- Year 6 Dayboy transition afternoons
- Year 7 Orientation Camp
- Year 7 Mental Fitness program
- Year 9 Rite Journey program
- Year 10 Future Man program
- Year 11 Leadership Camp
- Year 7 & 11 Peer Support
Year Coordinators are positions created out of the need for a “parent substitute” for students, in particular the boarding students. All Year Coordinators are residential staff (they live at the school). They are a focal part of the school’s wellbeing network who liaise regularly with the school counselling team.
Tutoring and Learning Support
- Kylie Milne, Learning & Support Teacher (LaST)
- Anthony Straw, Student Learning & Support Officer (SLSO)
- Bianca Canham, Student Learning & Support Officer (SLSO)
- Courtney Austen, Student Learning & Support Officer (SLSO)
- Jodie Williams, Student Learning & Support Officer (SLSO)
One-on-one tutoring services provided by external tutors may be available - for details email or telephone Mrs Milne on 02 6764 8785.
Health Centre Staff
Our Health Centre is staffed by experienced registered nurses, available every day during
school terms to assist students with not only physical health concerns but wellbeing issues as well.